Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Don't Say I Didn't Tell You So

For all of the kind and lovely people across two fora, like Tory bullyboi Jark on Walford Web Bully Emporium and the insipid little troll


- especially those of you who have referred to me by such kind epithets as "psychotic" or "deluded" or even worse, read this and weep.

Chucky Venn is toast.

I've been saying for weeks that the actor had left the show, and I've been saying for weeks that this was due to the fact that EastEnders has to maintain its quota of ethnic characters. How coincidental that Ray's departure - actually, Venn has already gone - was left until the new character of Sam Jones, The Magic Negro's consort, had been cast.

Just remember what Angela Wynter said, and ask yourselves if EastEnders isn't just a tad bit institutionally racist and condescending toward minorities. And don't get me started on their view of women.

Call me whatever you want, just don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about.


No comments:

Post a Comment