Sunday, May 26, 2013

When a Troll Becomes a Stalker

Something happened to me this week which was singularly unpleasant.

A troll revealed herself once again to be a stalker who's plagued me for some years.

Without making too fine a point, yes, this is the individual who's appeared in recent years on Walford Web forum as Biffo/Blossom and, more recently, as Penn/Peege. The individual also appeared on Digital Spy soap forum as Salvador103 and also as Shellbiggs08, as well as bobmarley or Marley.

It was what was discovered on Digital Spy which spooked me out and made me realise just who this unpleasant and deeply disturbed individual was. It was brought to my attention that Salvador had listed on his DS profile all of the personal details I had listed on another social networking account, including personal details of my occupation, where I work etc. As this particular account is protected, it appeared to me this person, yet again, had hacked into an account of mine.

This person, known in another now non-existent forum as Big Gray/Sally, surfaced years ago on a now-defunct Brookside forum, posting as Theodore, also with a female alias of Jazzy Jane. Because I posted opinions with which this person didn't agree, this person got nasty and very personal, not only with me, but also with the administrator of the said Brookside forum, even threatening her with legal action for absolutely nothing.

What scared me initially about this person - and this is going back ten good years - was that this person followed me onto the old BBC EastEnders' forum, where this person proceeded to publish the names, ages and school information of my children, cleverly inserted in a post. When I alerted the BBC moderator to this, the post was immediately deleted and the person banned.

Later, this same person launched a mail bomb onto my Outlook account and was caught trying to hack into my computer.

It took awhile, some years later, for me to suss that the person who befriended me out of the blue on a forum was this sick asshole, but I know now that I'm being stalked again.

I don't participate in either Digital Spy or Walford Web, but I don't like my personal and private details being put on display by someone else, especially appropriating those details as their own. That is fraudulant and illegal, and what this person is doing is cyberbullying to the worst degree and what they are doing in that realm is also illegal.

In this instance, when this was pointed out to Digital Spy, they acted immediately, banning not only Salvador, but also his alter egos, Shellbiggs08 (whom I suspected) and bobmarley. Walford Web, however, is taking a bit longer to convince, which amazes me since John Swallow doesn't usually flinch from banning previously banned members, and Biffo/Blossom/Penn/Peege is just that, having been formerly known and banned under the name Supernatural back in 2007.

This person is a woman, slightly disabled, from Scotland, with time on her hands and a Tanya fetish, as well as a well-publicised hatred of Sharon, although I notice now that Peege has returned to Walford Web trying to hide behind a sudden infusion of Sharon love.

I say Digital Spy was quick to act on my behalf, but they aren't so quick to notice that a formerly banned member, the infamous Charlotte, has resurfaced under various guises and is leveling crackpot accusations right, left and centre about various, legitimate participants in the forum, for no other reasons than an antipathy to EastEnders as a result of inappropriate and illegal behaviour on the banned (and arrested) member's part.

Being trolled is bad enoug, but being stalked is frightening.

4 comments:

  1. You have my sympathy. There are some genuine 24-carat gold nutters out there.

    I myself have been 'cursed' and threatened that a certain person's male relations could easily find out where I lived and, once they had, would 'dishonour' me as a punishment (whatever the fuck that means ..)

    This is one reason why I refuse to use the PM function on either WW or DS and automatically delete any incoming messages without even opening them. I have no great desire to correspond with such people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just on an off-chance, this wasn't the Brookside site run by K (username beginning with A) many years ago, was it? If so, I used to post there too. I think I left before this person turned up, as I don't recognise the names mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My username was Alexandra Ibbetson; I only posted there for a couple of months during the summer hols, then went back to uni, where I didn't have my own computer. I used to post on the official Brookie forums too around the same period.

    ReplyDelete