Friday, July 6, 2012

A Blog for the Banned (and Other Lost Souls)

No, it's not The Banned, as in the band formed by Sharon and co way back in the Eighties, but "banned" as in forbidden for some pithy, inconsequential reason for posting in some of the various fora dedicated to discussing all things Eastenders - chiefly, Walford Web and Digital Spy.

And I've been banned from both.

This is a blog like no other. If you don't like Eastenders - and there's a lot to dislike at the moment - fine, say so; if you think it's the coolest thing since iced water and you're chasing it like a fire engine ... that's fine too; but expect to get questioned for your devotion at times when a lot of logical people are seeing it at its weakest.

I'm not John Swallow, and you don't have to pay me a tenner to bitch in a chatroom about other members. I'm not Digital Spy, so I won't ban who states a fact about one of the holy actors who appear in EastEnders.

Face it: Jake Wood is bald. Hetti Bywaters's mouth hangs agape, and she thinks it's cute. Steve John Shepherd has ears like Mr Spock. That's not insulting. That's a fact. But Jamie Foreman looks like a toad? That's insulting.

I want intelligent conversation, and tolerance of views. No show-offs and no talk about who's fit and who's not.

Most of all, I want people to debate vigorously and civilly. It can be done. And I even welcome some of the nasties from both Walford Web and DS, as long as you're literate and don't insult.

Maybe people will show up. Maybe they won't. I don't give a rat's ass. I'm going to blog about Eastenders.

Care to join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment